The Best & Most Organized Carolina Gaming Con
Hilton Charlotte University Place
MACE (in all its forms) is dedicated to providing the highest quality games and related activities to you,the gamer. We have access to hundreds of GMs, Judges, tournament directors, and event coordinators that present some of the best gaming the Carolinas have to offer. Our gaming include indie RPGs, Organized Play RPG gaming, war gaming, board games, miniature games, and live action games. In one weekend, we have the most concentrated, and focused amount of gaming you will find in the Carolinas.
Click here for the MACE Frequently Asked Questions
|Friday||3:00 PM - 2:00 AM|
|Saturday||8:00 AM - 2:00 AM|
|Sunday||8:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
All Hours subject to change at the whim of the Convention Manager! ALL HAIL JEFF!
|Friday||1:00 PM – 8:00 PM|
|Saturday||7:00 AM- 6:00 PM|
|Sunday||7:00 AM- 12:00 PM|
- Badges must be worn and clearly visible while in the convention space. Replacement badges can be purchased at the Registration Desk for $5.
- Possession of alcoholic beverages within the convention space is prohibited.
- Smoking is not allowed in the convention areas.
- All bladed weapons must be sheathed and peace-bonded at all times. Non-Fring replica Firearms are permissible, but must be approved for use.
- MACE/JustUs Productions is not responsible for any items lost or stolen at the convention. Please do not leave valuables unattended at the convention site.
- Unathorized vendors are not allowed. The selling of any product or service within the convention space is prohibited, unless authorized by JustUs Productions.
- Have fun, but please be responsible. Be considerate of your fellow convention attendees. ANYONE BREAKING THESE RULES WILL HAVE, AT THE DISCRETION OF JUSTUS PRODUCTIONS, HIS/HER BADGE REVOKED AND BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE CONVENTION.
Children under 8 get in free. Ages 8 to 11 get in with a discount. See Registration for exact prices. All children under 18 must be accompanied to the event by a parent. MACE and JustUs Productions are not responsible for any child under 18 unaccompanied.
All our games have an manufacturer’s age recommendation. The parent should make an effort inform themselves of those recommendations for each game they sign a child up for. Our policy is unless the game is specifically geared for kids, it is marked with a minimum rating of PG, meaning parental guidance suggested. Part of that guidance is being informed of what games you are signing your child up for. If your child is under the recommended age, we encourage the parent to be present at the game session in question.
MACE encourages its attendees to take advantage of the Grinning Goblin table side service all weekend. They have a wide variety of snacks, drinks and ordered food. However, MACE and JustUs Productions discourages attendees from bringing in outside meals and drinks, as it is against our agreement with the hotel.
If you pre-registered through PayPal, MACE will refund through PayPal, and are at the mercy of PayPal policies. Other refunds will have to be arranged by contacting Registration. (see Justus Productions > Contact Us).
Volunteering and Discount Policy
MACE Standard Slot Schedule
The MACE Standard Game Slot Schedule is below. Our standard Slot length is 4 hours. However, we allow for flexible schedule in and around the standard slots at special request by the GM. We can work with 2, 3, 5 hour or more slot lengths. Just contact the Gaming Coordinator. See below for the basic schedule.
|Slot 1||Friday 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM|
|Slot 2||Friday 8:00 PM - 12:00 PM|
|Friday Midnight Madness Gaming||12 midnight to ??|
|Slot 3||Saturday 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM|
|Slot 4||Saturday 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM|
|Slot 5||Saturday 8:00 PM - Midnight|
|Saturday Midnight Madness Gaming||12 midnight to ??|
|Slot 6||Sunday 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM|
|Slot 7||Sunday 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM|
These slots are based on the basic 4 hour time slot. Some special event RPGs, Board Games, War Games, and miniature games as well as special events will have a much more flexible schedule.
Want to run a game?
RULE OF 3: If you want to be a GM, running 3 sessions (12 hours) will get you in free to the convention.
If you want to run any kind of gaming event – . Email the gaming coordinator for instructions on hour to propose your game.
MACE uses the gaming schedule system called OGRe (Online Gaming Registration) to allow you see what is scheduled, sign up for what is scheduled and also get an idea of what kinds of games will be there for pick up. However do not let that fool you. We also have a room dedicated to pick up board and card games and have a extensive game library for you to choose from.