MACE West 2022February 25-27 2022 DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Asheville - Biltmore Asheville, NC
CUDGEL (Carolina Unique Diversified Gaming Experience Limited)
From Merriam-Webster Dictionary Online – Definition of CUDGEL: : a short heavy club. Examples of CUDGEL: A farmer armed with a cudgel drove us off his land. Origin of CUDGEL Middle English kuggel, from Old English cycgel; perhaps akin to Middle High German kugele ball. First Known Use: before 12th century
MACE West is born of a demand by some Hickory region gamers who felt that the MACE concept would do well in Western North Carolinas area. Jeff worked with Clint and Jodie Black of Pinnacle Entertainment Group to organize a smaller 3-day event of gaming and fun. The concept initially plans ot be something like MACE, but smaller, but also a little larger than mini-mace.
For its first 3 years, MACE was held in hickory until the hotel it was in was sold and had to find a new home. JustUs went further west to Asheville in 2014 and found a great new home there.
|Registration||1:00 PM - 8:00 PM|
|Gaming||3:00 PM - 2:00 AM|
|Dealers Room||5:00 PM- 9:00 PM|
|Registration||7:00 AM- 6:00 PM|
|Gaming||9:00 AM - 2:00 AM|
|Dealers Room||10:00 AM- 6:00 PM|
|Registration||8:00 AM- 12:00 PM|
|Gaming||9:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Dealers Room||10:00 AM- 4:00 PM|
All Hours subject to change at the whim of the Convention Manager! ALL HAIL JEFF!
- Badges must be worn and clearly visible while in the convention space. Replacement badges can be purchased at the Registration Desk for $5.
- Possession of alcoholic beverages within the convention space is prohibited.
- Smoking is not allowed in the convention areas.
- All bladed weapons must be sheathed and peace-bonded at all times. Non-Fring replica Firearms are permissible, but must be approved for use.
- MACE West/JustUs Productions is not responsible for any items lost or stolen at the convention. Please do not leave valuables unattended at the convention site.
- Unathorized vendors are not allowed. The selling of any product or service within the convention space is prohibited, unless authorized by JustUs Productions.
- Have fun, but please be responsible. Be considerate of your fellow convention attendees. ANYONE BREAKING THESE RULES WILL HAVE, AT THE DISCRETION OF JUSTUS PRODUCTIONS, HIS/HER BADGE REVOKED AND BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE CONVENTION.
Rule #1: If you are a butthead, Jeff will kick you out. Rule #2: Refer to rule #1
Children under 8 get in free. Ages 8 to 11 get in with a discount. See Registration for exact prices. All children under 18 must be accompanied to the event by a parent. MACE and JustUs Productions are not responsible for any child under 18 unaccompanied.
All our games have an manufacturer’s age recommendation. The parent should make an effort inform themselves of those recommendations for each game they sign a child up for. Our policy is unless the game is specifically geared for kids, it is marked with a minimum rating of PG, meaning parental guidance suggested. Part of that guidance is being informed of what games you are signing your child up for. If your child is under the recommended age, we encourage the parent to be present at the game session in question.
New Food Policy as of 2016
- You can bring our own food into the meeting space.
- There will not be any concessions set up, but you will be able to grab some fast food, order from TGIFriday’s (attached to the hotel), or bring your own lunch box to the con.
- TGIFriday’s (attached to the hotel) will be offering us a 20% discount on food to anyone with a MACE West badge.
If you pre-registered through PayPal, MACE West will refund through PayPal, and are at the mercy of PayPal policies. Other refunds will have to be arranged by contacting Registration. (see Justus Productions > Contact Us).
Volunteering and Discount Policy
Click here for our Discount and Volunteering Policy
MACE West Standard Slot Schedule
The MACE Standard Game Slot Schedule is below. Our standard Slot length is 4 hours. However, we allow for flexible schedule in and around the standard slots at special request by the GM. We can work with 2, 3, 5 hour or more slot lengths. Just contact the Gaming Coordinator. See below for the basic schedule.
|Slot 1||Friday 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM|
|Slot 2||Friday 7:00 PM - 11:00 PM|
|Slot 3||Saturday 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM|
|Slot 4||Saturday 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM|
|Slot 5||Saturday 8:00 PM - Midnight|
|Slot 6||Sunday 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM|
|Slot 7||Sunday 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM|
These slots are based on the basic 4 hour time slot. Some special event RPGs, Board Games, War Games, and miniature games as well as special events will have a much more flexible schedule.
Want to run a game? RULE OF 3: If you want to be a GM, running 3 sessions (12 hours) will get you in free to the convention.
If you want to run any kind of gaming event – . Email the gaming coordinator for instructions on hour to propose your game.
Online Gaming Registration
MACE West uses the gaming schedule system called OGRe (Online Gaming Registration) to allow you see what is scheduled, sign up for what is scheduled and also get an idea of what kinds of games will be there for pick up. However do not let that fool you. We also have a room dedicated to pick up board and card games and have a extensive game library for you to choose from.